111 Health Advisor, Exeter - OPS0280
Are you an empathetic, friendly person with a passion for providing a good service or looking to get into a career in healthcare?
Devon Doctors are pleased to announce that following a period of growth, we are now recruiting 111 Call Handlers for our Exeter call centre.
Who are we?
Devon Doctors Group is a not-for-profit organisation that has been delivering urgent care to the county’s 1,000,000-plus residents at an exceptional standard for more than twenty years. Our sister companies, Access Health and Access Dental, also offer a range of dentistry and primary care services across the Peninsula. Since April 2018 Devon Doctors has also been providing the IUCS in Somerset
We are committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences to contribute to the diversity of our organisation.
About the position:
As a NHS 111 Health Advisor at Devon Doctors, your job is to answer non-emergency calls and assess patient needs over the phone. You will also be required to liaise with other healthcare organisations and professionals including GP surgeries, ambulance services and social services while always ensuring patient safety.
We are able to offer a range of contracts from 16 hours per week up to full time with shifts covering day, night and overnight. Some examples of the rotas we can offer you are below:
Who we are looking for:
Whilst you don't need to have experience in a call centre or environment, we are looking for individuals with the below qualities:
- Strong IT skills whilst being able to multitask
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and night shifts (on a rota basis)
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high pressured environment
- Passionate about providing exceptional patient care
If you haven’t received the relevant pathways training we provide full training on NHS Pathways and systems to prepare you for the role. Our training courses are full-time and our current schedule is:
- Two full weeks from home
- Once you successfully complete the home based training, you will be required to complete 2 weeks training onsite
- Please note that the first 4 weeks will be full time for all candidates even if you have opted for a part time contract to enable you to complete the necessary training courses.
What do you receive in return?
Hourly rate of between £8.82 and £10.02 per hour (excluding bank holiday enhancements)
- Full Pathways training (paid)
- Enhanced bank holiday rates
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to join the NHS Pension Scheme
- Opportunities to develop your career with us
- Access to the company’s employee assistance programme which includes counselling support and free financial advice on taking up permanent employment.
- Due to the nature of this position we must undertake enhanced DBS checks on all Health Advisors.
To find out more about these positions or to apply, please forward your CV and covering letter including the job reference number to Amy Clifford, Recruitment Manager, via email@example.com